Mr. White has been with IBK Capital since 1991. During this time, Mr. White has been involved in private placement financings totalling over $600 million for emerging companies in mining and metals and technology. He has also been active in financial advisory assignments and industry developments including: advisory and financing services to Great Bear Resources Ltd. regarding its Red Lake gold discovery and partnership with Rob McEwen; advisory and financing services to POET Technologies Inc. for its disruptive photonics solutions for data communications; advisory services to the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador with respect to its arrangements with Inco Ltd. over the development of the nickel deposit at Voisey’s Bay; advisory and financing services to Western Goldfields Inc. (now NewGold Inc.) on its purchase and development of the Mesquite gold mine in south-eastern California; advisory services to Cobalt Blockchain Inc. and the development of The Democratic Republic of the Congo’s artisanal mineral wealth; and, acting as financial advisor to Noront Resources Ltd. in the wake of a major nickel discovery at its Double Eagle Project in Northern Ontario, Canada.
Mr. White’s professional experience includes the following:
- Active member of the TSX Venture Exchange Local Advisory Committee
- Active founding member of the Private Capital Markets Association (PCMA)
- Active member and External Committee member of the Morrissette Entrepreneurship Advisory Board at Western University
- Active member of the Ivey Business Plan Competition at the Ivey Business School
- Former member of the Ivey Entrepreneurship Advisory Council
- Former member of the Hawthorn School Board of Directors
Mr. White graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Geology from the University of Western Ontario in 1994, and a Masters of Business Administration degree from the Ivey School of Business at the University of Western Ontario in 2000.