Mr. White has over fifty years of experience in the investment industry. Prior to founding IBK Capital, Mr. White was Senior Vice-President and Director of Corporate and Government Finance at Merrill Lynch Canada Inc. Under Mr. White’s leadership, Merrill Lynch Canada Inc. rose to the top tier of the Canadian investment dealers specializing in the natural resources industry.
Mr. White’s professional experience includes the following:
- Director of Institutional Equity Trading, Burns Fry Limited
- Director of Corporate Finance, Burns Fry Limited
- Founder and Former Director of Vanguard Trust of Canada Ltd.
- Former Vice-Chairman and Member of The Toronto Stock Exchange Market Functions Committee
- Former Member of The Toronto Stock Exchange Stock List and Market Access Committees
- Former Chairman of the Board of Directors and President of The Peoples Church, Toronto (1995-2002)
- Former Chairman and Director of the Greater Europe Mission Canada Counsel
- Former Cabinet Member of the Campaign for the Heart & Circulation Program at the Peter Munk Cardiac Centre
- Former Director of the Exempt Market Dealers Association of Canada (EMDA)
- William & Gale White Family Centre for Spiritual Reflection; Peter Munk Cardiac Centre Lobby, Toronto General Hospital (August 2010)
- Wayne and William White Engineering Design Centre (November 2011), The University of British Columbia
- Former Chairman and a Director of Barry Moore Minitstries Inc.
- Former Cabinet member of the campaign for the Tyndale University College and Seminary
- Former Director of The Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada Mining Matters
- Former Director of the Empire Club of Canada
Mr. White graduated from The University of British Columbia with a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering. He earned a Masters of Business Administration degree from the University of Western Ontario in 1969. He is currently a Lifetime Patron of The Empire Club of Canada and a Member of the Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada Mining Matters.